Data Cleaning with OpenRefine
Data Cleaning with OpenRefine Online
OpenRefine (formerly Google Refine) is a powerful free and open source tool for data cleaning, enabling you to correct errors in the data, and make sure that the values and formatting are consistent. In addition, OpenRefine records your processing steps, enabling you to apply the same cleaning procedure to other data, and enhancing the reproducibility of your analysis. This workshop will teach you to use OpenRefine to clean and format data and automatically track any changes that you make.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- load and examine data in OpenRefine
- save and re-open OpenRefine projects
- use clustering and transforms to correct data errors
- export data cleaning steps as scripts
A recording of the workshop will be shared with registered attendees after the event.
Related LibGuide: Research Reproducibility and Open Science by Hao Ye
- Tuesday, June 7, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Health Science Center Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.