Writing Reusable and Modular Code
Writing Reusable and Modular Code Online
This workshop introduces attendees to the principles of writing 'clean' code, that is easier to read, maintain, and expand. Attendees will learn about organizing complex programming scripts into modular functions, writing effective documentation, and habits to improve code robustness and reusability.
Attendees will be expected to have basic familiarity with programming, such as experience writing simple scripts or recent attendance at a Carpentries workshop - https://www.uf-carpentries.org/
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- split complex programming tasks into modular functions
- communicate code intent using comments
- recognize and fix basic code smells
A recording of the workshop will be shared with registered attendees after the event.
Related LibGuide: Research Reproducibility and Open Science by Hao Ye
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Health Science Center Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.